After months of beta-tests and bug fixing QPS staff has finished their latest product –Qimera – easiest to use yet most advanced software for bathymetric data processing. Built on from the renowned multibeam bathymetry engine in QINSy and the leading bathymetry data cleaning program Fledermaus. Brand new technologies the Dynamic Surface™, Dynamic workflow™ and the Wobble Tool™ are harnessed using all the latest computing technology in guided workflows, making the user experience easier and empowering the user like never before.
Qimera is a totally new multibeam processing application for production MBES processing. It is also the beginning of the transition of the various QPS applications and modules into new products and modules to provide an efficient mapping workflow.
Qimera main features:
- number of errors reduced by automation of these work stages which were most prone to errors;
- an intuitive and easy to use interface minimizing training required;
- supports the QINSy data logging format in addition to sonar file formats from other hardware and software manufacturers;
- intelligently and interactively guides the operator through the typical data processing stages with a Dynamic Workflow™;
- the advanced tools such as the Wobble Diagnosis Toolkit for troubleshooting, in addition to the typical complement of multibeam data review and editing tools such as a Time-Series Editor, Sound Velocity Profile Editor, a Patch Test Calibration Tool, Swath Editor and 3D Area based Editor;
- a unique I/O Balanced Multi-Core engine specifically designed to process sonar data as rapidly as possible. Processing is done as a background task and the user can continue to interact with the project.
The initial release of Qimera is for Windows Platforms only. Future versions will extend the platform to Mac and Linux. The following operating systems are officially supported under Windows:
- Windows 7 (64bit)
- Windows 8.1 (64bit)
Windows computers also require a modern 3D graphics card with good OpenGL support.